Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen sink feeds from bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My kitchen sink and dishwasher are connected on the end of the hot/cold feeds from bathroom above it.

The pipes run down a corner of the kitchen wall and I'm thinking of having it rerouted. We are having a new kitchen so the opportunity presents itself to fairly easily reroute so the connections are closer to incoming cold and boiler output.

The feeds to bathroom and on to kitchen are all 15mm. Incoming cold is 15mm after stopcock (black plastic before it). Boiler is a combi.

Are there any other reasons why this would be a good idea or just a case of me weighing up cost vs aesthetics?

I'm guessing flow to kitchen would be affected if e.g. bath was running although haven't experienced problems.

Thanks.

Are you sure the kitchen sink pipes don’t connect up to the bathroom as is usually the case? Obviously you want to keep runs as short as practicable when it comes to plumbing, but without seeing the install and only going from what your saying it would be difficult to give a definitive answer. Perhaps a sketch maybe better, but maybe what you said about costs and aesthetics. Your combi and associated pipework should be installed so that hot water is delivered at approx 50 degrees in 30 seconds, although this is only a guide.

Thanks for replying.

Yes, the flow definitely comes down to kitchen rather than up to bathroom.

On length of runs, the reroute option would make the cold much shorter as it currently goes up in one corner of kitchen (with stopcock) serves bathroom and then down in the other corner for sink/DW and it could fairly easily be connected shortly after stopcock and run behind new base units. Length of the hot (from combi in loft) would be very similar either way, across bathroom and down (as now) or down and across kitchen.

Will try to knock up a diagram.

Thanks for all the input. I have attached a diagram but getting the impression it will be all about aesthetics and no technical reasons either way. Plumber has a few jobs to do and is going to give a price for this as well.

H&C wat.jpg

Hi Daza1,

Now I see it and understand it better either is acceptable. The proposed alternative routes appear marginally shorter.

Reply to Kitchen sink feeds from bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock