Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen Sink - Blockage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChrisHughes

Hi.

We have a blocked kitchen sink. Both the larger sink unit and smaller sink unit are blocked. Both full to the brim with mucky water. Washing machine is still working. We don't have a plunger, but I used a makeshift one (water bottle sealed with a cloth) to try and replicate the vacuum as best I could. Didn't unclog anything, but it did cause bubbles in the other sink whenever I did it (air passing through?). And if so, does this mean the blockage isn't in the immediately piping connecting the two sinks?

Thanks.

-Chris

Hard to say. Could be in trap.
Thing is, to plunge it you'd need to hold plug in one sink and block the overflows off whilst plunging the waste that's left open.

You may manage with another pair of hands.

Only be brief though. If it fails, big bucket, probably two, towels deep breath, undo trap.

Have you let fat go down drain ?

Scoop as much water out of the sinks as you can before removing the trap under the sink.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kitchen Sink - Blockage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock