Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen sink backing up and no cold water in bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys,

I returned from holiday yesterday to find that my kitchen sink started filling up with water when we put the washing machine on a spin and drain cycle. I had to manually drain the sink and pipes and took all the pipes apart to check for a blockage but there wasn't one. I tried the washing machine again and it drained fine so can't see that's causing the problem. I tried using a sink unblocker but it didn't work. Seems that the blockage is further down the pipes than I can get to.

We also discovered that the cold water for the bath isnt working either and I hadn't long ago changed the washer on it but not sure if it's connected.

I was thinking of running a drain snake up the pipes (on order) but need some advice in the meantime as can't do washing or use dishwasher.

All help appreciated

The waste pipe could be kinked/damaged somewhere along the run out, or going uphill slightly? Can you clearly see where the pipe goes through wall etc?

Hard to say without seeing it, I'd check waste pipes are all carrying the water downhill for starters, should be an outside drain rod point that could do with a good rod.

Hi guys,

I returned from holiday yesterday to find that my kitchen sink started filling up with water when we put the washing machine on a spin and drain cycle. I had to manually drain the sink and pipes and took all the pipes apart to check for a blockage but there wasn't one. I tried the washing machine again and it drained fine so can't see that's causing the problem. I tried using a sink unblocker but it didn't work. Seems that the blockage is further down the pipes than I can get to.

We also discovered that the cold water for the bath isnt working either and I hadn't long ago changed the washer on it but not sure if it's connected.

I was thinking of running a drain snake up the pipes (on order) but need some advice in the meantime as can't do washing or use dishwasher.

All help appreciated
Try good old fashioned plunger
in the sink but cover the overflow up otherwise the hydraulic pressure will be lost.
Cant see two problems related.
Talk to neighbours see if they are also suffering. centralheatking

I tried using the plunger with overflow covered and even clamped dishwasher and washing machine hoses but nothing happened apart from the pipes coming loose and water dripping from them. I may be better off calling council services to sort it

I tried using the plunger with overflow covered and even clamped dishwasher and washing machine hoses but nothing happened apart from the pipes coming loose and water dripping from them. I may be better off calling council services to sort it
If your in a rental then thats best...do it now the weekend is on the way. centralheatking

Reply to Kitchen sink backing up and no cold water in bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock