Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen hot tap flow v slow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there. Have a carron mixer tap in kitchen the flow on the hot tap side has become very slow for no apparent reason. To almost a trickle...was never like that previously.

Hot tap in bathroom.upstairs is strong.

When I remove the connection under the sink the flow seems good and strong but once connect to the mixer kitchen sink tap it becomes very weak again.

What is best to check ?

I have tried to block and turn on cold to put back up the mixer tap.
Tried turning off flow at hot water cylinder and opening tap I. Kitchen and then opening the flow again to no avail.

If you remove the hot connection under the sink, block the (spout) outlet, open both hot&cold, do you get a strong backflow through the hot side (into a bucket).

Have you removed the aerator on the spout? could be blocked. Does the tap have check valves on the supplies? One more thing you could try remove the spout, flush out with an outside tap. Looking at the installation instructions there is a check valve on the hot, that could well be your problem.

Last edited:

Reply to Kitchen hot tap flow v slow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had new taps fitted within the last year on my bathroom sink. When turning on both the hot or cold tap, there is a vibration/squeaking noise, if the turn the tap fully on the noise stops. I have replaced the flexible hoses to both taps and fitted in-line isolation valves. The noise is now...
Replies
Views
I recently had an eco tec plus 836 combi installed as part of an oil to gas conversion. One thing I can’t work out is why the bathroom sink hot water flow is 12-13L per minute with at 44c and even hotter. However the nearby bath freestanding tap is 8-9L per minute at this temp. Both taps...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need to replace the kitchen tap, all my neighbours have two single taps in their kitchen and bathroom whereas I have a single lever tap in the bathroom and kitchen. Due to living in a flat and having a shared water supply I was advised to get a dual flow tap for the kitchen so...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s especially from Shaun. The customer had ordered swan neck mixer taps for kitchen, bathroom and ensuite. On installing then all the hot water flow is none...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock