Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen draw hitting gas stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Murdoch wrote:

What is that device the plug is plugged into (and no not the wall socket!)?

[The Quote button was not working].

Hello Murdoch,

I am fairly sure that as Shaun wrote the device in the electrical socket is an RF Remote Controlled socket.

I am guessing that the OP has this instead of the electrical socket being supplied from a switch above the worktop which would isolate the Hob or Oven ?

I bought a pack of 3 of these from Maplin a few years ago because I needed to keep rebooting a Broadband Router which was situated in a corner of a room behind furniture and I could then use the Remote control to turn the power off and on without either moving furniture or laying down flat on the floor and reaching under it.

However I would never use one of these to supply / isolate a Domestic Appliance - although the one`s that I have are supposedly rated for 3 Kw and are CE marked.

Perhaps other Members would not agree with that ?

Chris

Just a quick update, the gas tap was left in place from the original kitchen fit during the new fit, when completed the gas safe fitter fitted the hob and connected it to the tap, his first attempt stopped the top draw from closing, so he had to do more work to rectify this. Anyway I will speak to Magnet along with the text messages, and photographic evidence, and see what they say. Thanks again for your time and input.

Are you now sayong that the fitter left the gas valve obstructing a drawer that was already fitted in position?

If that is so, then definitely a FOC call back, as he is at fault.

Even if the unit was not fitted, it is, IMO, his responsibility to enquire as to what room he has available. But, as was mentioned earlier, if the unit positions were altered, and that caused the restriction, then I would not return FOC, unless it was very local

Thanks, yes, exactly as your first paragraph says. I have spoken to, and sent an email with the photo and a transcript of all the text messages that I sent and received to the general manager of my local branch of Magnet, he assures me that this will be rectified ASAP.

Check he is GSR and carries out a drop test before and after his work, no numpties on Gas
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Kitchen draw hitting gas stopcock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock