Search the forum,

Discuss kingspan in walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

ok so the kitchen in a generally cold room in the house and seems like having the radiator doesnt make much difference.never really thought about it untill i went in next doors to change an iso valve. his kitchen was warmer off a smaller radiator.

so i was speaking to him and he said about 2 years ago he had work done and he said he wanted somthing doing about the cold and the builder used some insulation and added it to the inside of the kitchen ? so im assuming he batoned the wall adding kingspan and plaster boarded over it ?

anyone else think that it could be some other way ? theres no cavity in the wall. and the neighbour wasnt much help other than the room is a fraction smaller. say 50mm off each wall ?

this the best way guys? and i no its not a plumbing question but it didnt seem to fit in the off topic section

Internal or external insulation is the only way you're going to do it. External is flipping expensive.

reline the walls with plasterboard with insulation behind you can buy the board with the insulation stuck on most new extentions have to use it now eithr dry line or replaster after

Just make sure you get plenty of fixing points behind it for putting up units etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to kingspan in walls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my plumber is coming this week to install/reconfigure the pipework for new radiators. The walls are solid brick and as I am installing insulated plasterboards, we agreed...
Replies
Views
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are on 15mm pipework, the rest are on 10mm. its powered by a Grundfos ups3 pump. the boiler is an 18kw heat only boiler. There are two radiators mainly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock