Search the forum,

Discuss Kingfisher Mf change in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My Kingfisher boiler is over 20 years old and still going strong. It has never been serviced and the only problem we had was when a rat chewed one of the wires.

A few years ago I bought a brand new identical boiler as a standby. It is still in the original box. My question is - in the event of failure of the existing boiler would a heating engineer use this as a replacement or would I be forced to have a modern one installed. The existing boiler has a conventional flu and the heating engineer who fixed the wire said the installation would not meet modern standards, in particular the 90 deg bend in the flu as it exits the boiler.

thanks

A few years ago I bought a brand new identical boiler as a standby.

I may be wrong, but I think that the older Kingfishers had a permanently on pilot light so that would mean they can't be installed these days. There was a later model that had electronic ignition. Even that version can't be installed these days because it was not a 'condensing' design.
[automerge]1596538035[/automerge]
I've just noticed you specified the 'MF' variant of the Kingfisher in the thread title. This is the one that has the electronic ignition.

Last edited:
That's a good question. I would say it depends on how you look at it.

If you have all the parts/components for the boiler in use, there's no reason why a Gas safe registered heating Engineer (with the relevant qualifications), can't repair the existing boiler and replace whatever parts he / she can get hold of in order to keep it going.

Good Boiler!

Do a George Washington’s axe, i.e. replace all the parts of the old boiler with all the parts of the new boiler!😉

Still the original boiler -
this is one for the philosophers!

Also known in my house as a "Trigger's broom" - ref. Only fools and horses.

Reply to Kingfisher Mf change in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock