Search the forum,

Discuss Keston C55 replacement in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Good afternoon everyone. I'd really appreciate some advice here on a boiler issue.

I am being advised to replace my 5 year old Keston C55. I am being told that (a) there is a need for a new heat exchanger (b) that the internal circulator is on its way out and (c) that there is some damp in the electrical circuit board.

I am being told that replacement is the best option. Does this seem reasonable advice?

This is my third Keston in less than 15 years and its been fully serviced so obviously I am not thrilled...the reason I have had Kestons is because the installation is in the cellar (no easy alternative) and I was told that only a Keston could meet the flue regulations. So my second question is whether this is still the case or whether there are now other and better boilers that can be installed in this location.

Finally it would (in my view) be possible to run a conventional flue directly up out of the boiler to the outside (the boiler is in an alcove in the cellar that extends out under the passage down the side of the house). I appreciate it is difficult to advise without seeing the exact location but is there likely to be a particular reason why this is infeasible or illegal?

Apologies for such a long post from a new member of the forum but any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Anything is possible post some pictures of your current install Viessmann are quite flexible ? there are restrictions on flueing into a passage

Attachments

• Gas Condensing Boiler Flue Systems.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
As above, doesn't sound like you would have to use a keston. Most boiler manufacturers will reach a fair way nowadays with a flue.
Photo's would help.

As promised some pictures of this installation are attached. Since first posting I have received a quote of £5k to replace the Keston (including a power flush). This is in London. But I am heartily sick of unreliable Kestons and would like something reliable and trouble free made by someone else so would really appreciate some other options.

My mum's gas boiler has been going for 25 years plus quite happily. Is it unrealistic to expect the same today?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Boiler 1.jpg
    Boiler 1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Boiler 2.jpg
    Boiler 2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Boiler 3.jpg
    Boiler 3.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 7
As promised some pictures of this installation are attached. Since first posting I have received a quote of £5k to replace the Keston (including a power flush). This is in London. But I am heartily sick of unreliable Kestons and would like something reliable and trouble free made by someone else so would really appreciate some other options.

My mum's gas boiler has been going for 25 years plus quite happily. Is it unrealistic to expect the same today?

Thanks.

Did you manage to get it sorted? I have a Keston too and I'd like to replace it, preferably for a couple of grand, not 5 or 6.

Did you manage to get this pile of junk replaced? I have a C36 that I'd love to get replaced, I don't mind spending a couple of grand but haven't got £6-10K, that seems to be what people are quoting, it's all of the scaffolding and taking ceilings down for inspection shafts that are making this difficult.

Reply to Keston C55 replacement in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock