Search the forum,

Discuss Kane 455 flue anaylser in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mark_mc

what do you think of the kane 455 anaylser, i was going to buy this as my 1st anaylser for servicing and commissioning oil boilers.

i got a price of £697 inc vat that inculdes printer, smoke pump, commissioning kit guages

i looked at the kane 425 being using on u-tube and the only difference with the kane 455 was the 90 start-up

could you please give a bit of advice

Good analysers. Easy to use multifunction dial, rather than having search through menus. Think the only difference between the two is the 455 has better quality sensors that last longer between replacements. Think they have a 5 year life if I remember correctly.

455 uses an ir sensor i elieve which may be more reliable. I use a kane 250 bought a year old 2nd hand and it does the job fine, £80 plus vat to calibrate more each 2nd yr for sensor replaceents. Only problem being kane are useless at getting the kit back to you on time, promise its in the post when its still on the desk!! However, I cant see the point of multifunction machines as if you lose the gas sensor u lose the whole machine when its away being repaired. me i like a separate gas leak sensor, manometer, temp sensor and an fga in my bag. Didnt cost anymore but i will still have working kit if any is away being repaired. Plus you dont spend a fortune all in one go.

Is the 455 a manometer too? I have won one on eBay. Not sure what goodies the multi bit means! Gas leak sensor would be nice too.

Looking forward to getting it. Only went for a Kane because of advise from this forum.

Have a Kane 400 used it for 7 years , serviced every year still goin strong ! theres a kiss of death !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Kane 455 flue anaylser in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock