Search the forum,

Discuss Just turned stop tap on but no water help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shesk

I've been working on the bathroom for the last few days turning the stop tap off in the morning and on in the evening. Finished for the day turned the stop tap on but no water is coming out - help! What do I do?

Thanks in advance for any help

Is handle turning around spindle ?,if so get some grips on spindle to turn and replace out tomorrow or Monday

Is there any water at the kitchen tap? If not then the stopcock is broken.

If there is water at the kitchen tap but not the bathroom then you have another valve turned off, air lock or blockage!

Got it sorted - thanks ever so much for all the advice. Stop tap was knackered so isolated water from external tap. Off to get a new tap!

Cheers

Got it sorted - thanks ever so much for all the advice. Stop tap was knackered so isolated water from external tap. Off to get a new tap!

Cheers

Hope the stop tap is accessible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just turned stop tap on but no water help!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in the picture. Not sure what the thing is to the right of the stopcock? I’ve also taken the inners out of the outside tap and turned on the water again...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn the water off to avoid potential catastrophic damage. When I go away I have always tended to turn ours off, that's typically anything from a couple of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is switched on before it stops. There is a sink nearby, sometimes if we switch that on slowly before turning on the shower then the shower doesn't make a...
Replies
Views
Bad leak inside bathroom walls at floor for three days. A gallon every hour. Shut off water for a few hours and leak stopped. Turned water back on and leak has not come back. What happened?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock