Search the forum,

Discuss Just Lead - Anything in Lead in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chimney flashing, lead slates.etc

Hi Dan Thanks for your welcome. I do hope our chimney flashings, lead slates and bespoke leadwork service and advise will be of help to your members. We turn a round orders very quickly to any where in the UK. Our prices although competitive can be renegotiated on numbers. We are just a phone call or email away.

Good to hear!

I don't think that perhaps many people realise just how many lead flashings there are on a house.

I've done my share of lead slates, aprons, steps, flat roof and so on.

But have to be frank, I never liked lead much, probably because I was useless at dressing it and I certainly wasn't a natural with a bossing stick or flat dresser like some guys.

But like it or not as one guy said to me "We ain't got anything to replace it yet"

I would also add, a well dressed bay with all the rolls and scalloped edges looks a thing of magnificent architectural beauty.

Its a shame for me, I was so useless with it, I take my hat off to all those lead expert Plumbers because I know how hard it is to get it right.

Quite enjoyed the lead bashing myself,though wouldn't bother getting on a roof to do it now.

Nice to know there are a few plumbers still having a go. My transition from P&Heating to lead work was inspired by the lack of plastic. Its comforting to know that when a job is complete it don't go wrong for at least a life time, unlike some modern plumbing materials. (it may just be me) In the latter years of my plumbing day, i seem to have spent most of it on my back addressing cross threads to plastic weir overflows and ball valve assemblies on WWP's. It also came to mind that every time i made a back gutter or lead slate, i would purchase a 20'-00" roll of sheet lead use about 3'-00" and when needed again could never find the remainder (i had one or two fishermen working with me at the time) Now the wastage is zero it balances the books better and i am the only fishermen on the firm. Lead work is much like plumbing the more you do the luckier you get. Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just Lead - Anything in Lead in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock