Search the forum,

Discuss Just Joined and Introducing Myself in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hell to all and thanks to Lou for the welcome message. I have been doing DIY plumbing for years and although I can normally get things completed, I'm never too proud to ask for a bit of advice.
We've just had an extension for a utility room and en suite bathroom and, although a lot of the plumbing has been done by professionals, I have kept back a few things as a project (retired you see.)
I'm also going to refit the kitchen in the next month so will be looking to call on the experience and kind assistance of all of you guys. Thanks in advance!

Hi John 51...you have arrived at the right place ...welcome...there are plenty of experts and time served fitters on here in every dept of plumbing and heating we have between us a massive amount of knowledge...I have been in this game 40 + years and learn new things almost every day and also put my stuff back in
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Hello and welcome

Hello, glad you found us and said hello. Will your kitchen be a big project?

Hell to all and thanks to Lou for the welcome message. I have been doing DIY plumbing for years and although I can normally get things completed, I'm never too proud to ask for a bit of advice.
We've just had an extension for a utility room and en suite bathroom and, although a lot of the plumbing has been done by professionals, I have kept back a few things as a project (retired you see.)
I'm also going to refit the kitchen in the next month so will be looking to call on the experience and kind assistance of all of you guys. Thanks in advance!
Ok John, put some plans up and some piccys then you can pick our brains if you like....lou is an expert on kitchens
Rob Foster...aka centralheatking

Thanks to all for the welcome.
The kitchen is a complete re-fit of cabinets but in approximately the same layout. I will use the opportunity to tidy up some of the plumbing but in general nothing major will change. The utility is all new and will house the washing machine and a sink, and I need to re-fit the garden tap.
I will post a picture later and I've got a quick question which you can help with.

Quick question as promised.
Attached is a picture of the corner of the utility next to waste stack. The 40mm pipe provides a temporary waste for the washing machine and is 49cm above the floor. The plumber brought the waste pipe out at that level to avoid covering the plug socket for the washing machine.
If I use this as it stands, the top of the standpipe will be about 250mm above the water level in the trap. That will mean about 100mm between the bottom of the waste hose and the water level. There will also be the sink waste to go into this. Is there any worry about the flow causing the water to back up to the end of the hose?
The only alternative I can think of is to male another connection to the 110mm drain to lower the waste pipe to socket level, This will mean shifting the socket up the wall out of the way.

iwash machine waste.jpg

Quick question as promised.
Attached is a picture of the corner of the utility next to waste stack. The 40mm pipe provides a temporary waste for the washing machine and is 49cm above the floor. The plumber brought the waste pipe out at that level to avoid covering the plug socket for the washing machine.
If I use this as it stands, the top of the standpipe will be about 250mm above the water level in the trap. That will mean about 100mm between the bottom of the waste hose and the water level. There will also be the sink waste to go into this. Is there any worry about the flow causing the water to back up to the end of the hose?
The only alternative I can think of is to male another connection to the 110mm drain to lower the waste pipe to socket level, This will mean shifting the socket up the wall out of the way.

View attachment 39644
Hi John, instead of doing this in bite sized nibbles, give us a plan and a few general pics and also...YOUR ...aspirations for this project ..that way we can get you on the correct track immediately ...centralheatking

Reply to Just Joined and Introducing Myself in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock