Search the forum,

Discuss Just hand my hand tools pinched... in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I hope you are keeping well.

I just had all my hand tools pinched from the side door of a house as I was packing up. Probably about £300 worth. Is it worth claiming on my insurance or as it is only £300 just pay for new tools. Would my premium go up that much is basically what I am asking.

Any one with any experience?

Cheers Lew

Bar stewards. Feel for you pal.
Probably not worth claiming- but check your policy for excess , mine’s 250 so definitely wouldn’t be worth it.

Sorry to hear that, there's some real low lifes out there unfortunately.
Generally if the claim is close to the excess it isn't worth bothering the insurance company about, normally premiums will also rise but there wouldn't be a guaranteed amount it would rise by. They may also require proof of purchase on tools and only offer a percentage, a lot of hassle for £300 ish.
Also be careful not to contact the insurance company unless you definitely want to make a claim. They note all contracts against your file and even if you don't claim will class it as an incident that you will have to disclose next time you apply for cover.
Hope the rest of your day gets better.

3rd time for me about a year ago he used the universal key availible on ebay/amazon caught him on cctv came at 9pm while i was laying in bed van was in drive then came back at 10pm.
so if you have that cargo door open via the front door disable that function (i fitted a key switch hidden)

Cucking Funts. Want their nads off with a dull spoon.

I wouldn't go down the insurance route, more trouble than it's worth. Sometimes wonder why I have public liability, never claimed, any issues I just sort myself.

hateful barstewards it really puts a dampener on things only had this happen once luckily I still worked for BG, only other thing stolen was my spare analyser stolen from my workmates van which we got back as it was registered to me through testo someone tried to get it analysed they informed me and sent it back to me.

Only happened once, in a cottage out in the sticks. Had left my Milwaukee radio, new digital shower and a handful of pipe and fittings. Broken in overnight, customer coughed for the costs as long as is wife didn't find out.
Never had tools go, apart from the ones I put down and cant find two minutes later.

Thanks all. You are never going to believe this... the guy that pinched phoned me up and returned them. He was a builder who thought, lovely I shall have those. Said he had his gear stolen 2 months before. Went home, remembered how he felt when it happened to him and so gave them back. Nice one.

Good job my wife puts name tags on everything I tell you! HAPPY DAYS

Thanks all. You are never going to believe this... the guy that pinched phoned me up and returned them. He was a builder who thought, lovely I shall have those. Said he had his gear stolen 2 months before. Went home, remembered how he felt when it happened to him and so gave them back. Nice one.

That's a rarity, and he shouldn't have taken them in the first place. Glad you got them back.

In an odd way that’s actually pretty decent of him, after a few days of guilt and wrestling with conscious he did the right thing. Can’t have been easy, catholic guilt?
Obviously goes without saying shouldn’t have done it, but moment of madness put right by careful thought- civilisation at work.

Now, go and get yourself that plastering trowel!

Only happened once, in a cottage out in the sticks. Had left my Milwaukee radio, new digital shower and a handful of pipe and fittings. Broken in overnight, customer coughed for the costs as long as is wife didn't find out.
Never had tools go, apart from the ones I put down and cant find two minutes later.

Or the many spanners left under a cylinder :D

Left plastic cutters above suspended ceiling, footprints under a bath, pipe slice rolled off cylinder the wrong way into an inaccessible corner, left my precious Knipex pliers on a job never to be seen again...... :D:(

Unbelieveable, well almost. The guy is still a ****.

That's a bit strange to me. Why would he steal them in the first place?! What an idiot.

How did he get your phone number?

I am glad that you've got them back. It is the last thing anyone needs after this year!

Reminds me of when Victor Meldrew got a phone call from the burglar who broke in and stole his video recorder on how to set the programmer.

Reply to Just hand my hand tools pinched... in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock