Search the forum,

Discuss Just come across a job where both primary and secondary in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

richard978

Gas Engineer
Hi just come across an installation low pressure and primary and secondary meter both have regulators installed.

Pretty sure it's not allowed unless it's a two stage system but this is low pressure.

I've explained that the primary meter must be regulated but after that the secondary should not really have another regulator because it can cause low pressure issues. Which is why I was there.

Can anyone confirm this because I'm sure it used to be in the IGEM book

I will probably call gas safe on Tuesday but IGEM state the position of the primary meter and regulator must be in close proximity and the secondary meters are not shown with regulators.

It's kind of common sense because the purpose of the regulator is to take mains pressure gas and regulate it to 19-23 WP. Once that's been done there's no need to do it again.

What I don't know is how two regulators would impact the appliances. In this case it was taking about 2mb of pressure so was one of the causes of poor pressure. I'm pretty sure it's at risk situation because of the potential. In this case I upgraded to ID.... because the pipework was undersized and the pressure was so low it was impacting the appliance.

Just price to remove if they don’t accept upto them

Reply to Just come across a job where both primary and secondary in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Low hot water pressure Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone is able to shed some light on my situation before I have to call out the professionals. We've been in our house for over 3 years now, when we moved in the hot water pressure was pretty good (confirmed by a retired plumber family friend)...
Replies
Views
Two connected houses in our 70s condo development, everyone served by one water meter at the road. 833 has 40 lbs of pressure while attached house 835 has over 100 lbs. -- no problems in either house or immediately outside -- and no pressure relief valves or shutoffs. Plumber traced the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
In short: Do suppliers sometimes list BSPT as BSP? I need a tee, 22mm each end with a BSPT in the middle for an expansion vessel to dangle from. Why I think its I've used calipers on the threads and counted them, and the male end sticking out of the vessel is BSPT 3/4 with 14 threads per inch...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock