Search the forum,

Discuss Just can't figure out the leak under my bathtub... in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey guys,

My bathtub drain needs to be replaced again. The cross in the bottom wore out again and the pop up stopper has nothing to connect to. I've done this four or five times before. This last time though, no go. I've tried at least a dozen times. I get a slow drip out of the bottom of the tub no matter what and I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong this time. We've been unable to use the bathtub for about a month now. Any suggestions, common dumb mistakes, things to double check?

Thanks.

No damage to the tub that you can see

Sometimes you have to use a smere of silicon on the bottom due to the fibreglass construction if it’s that type

Maybe that's what I'll try next. I've always used plumbers putty. Any suggestions for this silicon? I don't want to do any damage to the tub. I love it. Normally use it most days. The last month has sucked! :)

Maybe that's what I'll try next. I've always used plumbers putty. Any suggestions for this silicon? I don't want to do any damage to the tub. I love it. Normally use it most days. The last month has sucked! :)
Can't see any damage. I actually have access from underneath. Maybe I'll try to get a ladder under there and see if there is something my eyes and fingers can't notice from the side.

Plumbers putty should work and any good quality silicon should do

Still no luck. Another forum suggested I might have to adjust something in the entire set of plumbing under/behind the tube because the shoe isn't level. Trying to figure out what that would look like.

Reply to Just can't figure out the leak under my bathtub... in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock