Search the forum,

Discuss Just A Thought Lads Please Part 2... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hiretools

WHICH COMBI BOILER FOR A 1 BED 4 RAD SYSTEM DO U GUY'S REACON

Potterton promax 28he plus

Vaillant ecotec pro24

Ariston e-combi 38ff

Worcester greenstar 24i junior

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hahaha cheers newbie now who else will dare to venture a opinion

ideal isar he24 :( not on your nelly.. go for the greenstar mate

macca

HI IAN AND YOUR EXPERIENCE ON THE SUBJECT IS ?? please let me know thanks m8

HI IAN AND YOUR EXPERIENCE ON THE SUBJECT IS ?? please let me know thanks m8
I have heard the worcester is a decent 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Go for the vaillant or the worcester.

Broag avanta also worth a look

Graham

My personnal choice for my own house would be the potterton promax bcos I carry alot of the bits in my van hehe. Shhh!

But also I really like them for repairs, easy to work on, spacious on the inside for repairs. I must say I do like the promax's.

Never been a big fan of the w/Bosch greenstars for repairs

potterton promax same as duotec so a good boiler must it be band a potterton performa band b my top choice,cheap,spares cheap,easy to work on,well put together,reliable. ariston tat, Worcester, dont like to much plastic vailent, dont know flues are made of paper
oh god i have put "reliable" next to "ariston"

Last edited by a moderator:
How much water pressure and flow do you have ? Does it have a bath ? if so how fast do you want it to fill ?

If you want reliability go to the scrap yard and get an old Glow Worm Space Saver, a couple of two port valves, a high recovery cylinder and the usual bits and pieces and away you go.

Should be okay for 30 years.

Spares may be a problem though as may fuel costs.

Oh! you probably will not win any green prizes but it will last :) :)

Lets get real reliability back on the market.

Doubt if we will ever get real reliable boilers like those back. The lower running costs of the condensers are more than lost with the cost of repairs and shorter lifespans.

Glow Worm Space Saver. That one used to make me laff. Compared to an E Type maybe :D. Was a beast of a boiler to lift over a worktop.

just took my old potterton kingfisher out 25yrs and all i had was 3 thermocouples never missed a beat
they sadly dont make em like that any more
when i had that put in you could go to pictures have a fish and chip supper and a couple of drinks for thruppence hapeny and still have change
now wheres my hovis

What ever happened to vokera used to be one of the main combis sold on the market , right price and reliable . know you dont even hear them mentioned ?.

for a start toddy plum look at the post there is no 28 38 48 or any other 38he is the same spec as the pott pro and the 24i price range wise. just want which 1 not a big spill about what this what that just keep it nice and sinple please m8 no need for conversion factors and measurements... hehehehecheers fellas brilliant. the worcester it is

I said 24 , 28 , 38 !!! Read your own first post ! You were looking at boilers ranging from 23Kw (Vaillant pro24) up to 38KW the Ariston . You also posted several confused icons:confused:
Hence the question on flow as it is very relevant if you want to do it correctly !!

I would go for the Ariston personally.......because I am into self flagellation

Reliability is on the market.........its called a Worcester Greenstar

Reliability is on the market.........its called a Worcester Greenstar

Went to a job on wednesday, old poty lynx air flow sensor away, obsolete part so new boiler required. Suggested new Worcs, bummed them up as one of best most reliable boilers (been fitting 2 a week on average for past 3 1/2 years with only 2 breakdowns)
Fitted 28 junior on thursday and lit up like a xmas tree when powered up, all lights flashing. Did all the checks figured board problem. Rang Worcs got service call for next day but it looked bad on me with cust.
Give them their due, worcs engineer on job at 5 past 8 but he scratched his head, and swapped in about 4 boards and spoke to whoever on the phone for 2 hrs before he got it going (with a board with the power button on, but no hole in facia for it, not noticable).
Seems they have changed them a bit which i did notice straight away with a different fan.
Won't put me off them but i may be wary of the juniors for a bit.

Nice 1 lads i appreciate all the info even if some was a bit harsh but i decided to go with the 24i and as of yet (touch wood) it has been perrfeccctttt so job is a good un thanks again lads... P.s sorry for the delayed responce been in malta for a bit or R&R good to hear from all of you will be poppin in more regs now so if i can help i will...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Just A Thought Lads Please Part 2... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock