Search the forum,

Discuss Joint question as not seen this type of joint before. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

P

Paul edward

Hi
I have a leaking joint on my mains supply. The joint is where a metal service pipe is joined to blue mpde. I have never seen a joint like this before. It says it is a 25mm or 3/4”. The joint has a tapered ridged insert but when I put 25mm mpde onto it, it is very loose. Not sure if something is missing. I do have a picture of joint. I have been without water for two days now. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to Joint question as not seen this type of joint before. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Z
I'm trying to remove the zone valve ion vented tank and the tank started leaking around the joint. I was hoping to just run the tank with immersion till I can get an unvented. Any tips to stop leaks or do you think I need to buy temporary tank. Any help appreciated as I'm without hot water now.
Replies
Views
zacwithleak
Z
I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Yes, it me again. I have a leaking compression joint that is connected to plastic pipe. I have now read elsewhere that it is not a good idea to connect plastic into compression joints. It DID have an insert in the plastic pipe. I decided to use plastic JG speedfit pipe in the compression...
Replies
Views
Hi! Totally inexperienced DIY newbie so bear with me for descriptions! Pictures hopefully help. I’m trying to remove an unused downstairs toilet in our new house. It’s eventually going to be moved to the other side of the house. The seal around the back of the toilet had failed so I switched...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock