Search the forum,

Discuss johnson starley reno he30c e5 fault in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Matty Birch

Gas Engineer
Anybody suffered the pleasure of working on these 😔 Mates boiler who desperately wants to keep it going ... called out to e5 boiler fired twice for 10 seconds then locked out. E5 in book points to pump and managed to stop propeller with screwdriver so swapped it.

Reset boiler now only getting as far as pump and fan then locking out e5 again, had an e13 once that cleared on a reset.

Suspecting board but wondering if anybodys has similar?

Cheers

From my experience with those boilers E5 is a fan speed issue - which fits with the sequence before lockout that you describe.

The second fault is just lockout after a number of failed restarts.

Most unlikely to be the pcb - I have only ever had one fail and that was a water in thr pcb issue

Hope this helps

strange that, the book points to pump too, just been having a play with it and think your right fan spinning very slow then kicks back in when I spin it manually. No idea why I'm even trying to keep this boiler alive but hey everydays a school day. Thanks for assistance bud 👍

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201117-170021_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201117-170021_Chrome.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 3
Matty,

That is not the MI’s from the boiler you have cited - HE30C.

It looks to me that the fault list you have is for a Reno Extra that has a version 3 not the 5a PCB that is in the HE30C.

Recheck the download - a number of these boilers have 30 in the title, but they are very different - I think that is where Glowworm got the idea from!!

Matty,

That is not the MI’s from the boiler you have cited - HE30C.

It looks to me that the fault list you have is for a Reno Extra that has a version 3 not the 5a PCB that is in the HE30C.

Recheck the download - a number of these boilers have 30 in the title, but they are very different - I think that is where Glowworm got the idea from!!

Yeah just spotted the error on my post bud its is the extra 30ca in question 👌

I would focus on the fan - irrespective of the code displayed. Are you absolutely sure that the condensate is not blocked upstream of the trap?

Yes mate ruled that out on 1st visit 👍 hopefully just be the fan now was running slow then went as I was spinning it, now just assuming pump was a coincidence still need swapping anyway mind

Reply to johnson starley reno he30c e5 fault in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock