Search the forum,

Discuss Job opportunities like for newly qualified Gas Heating engineers? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I am looking to Potentially become a Gas Heating Engineer. I love the idea of working with my hands and learn best that way. I like the idea of helping people have warm homes. I am currently not qualified at all and from my research., i have to dot he following:
1.) I have to do my Core Gas Safety.
2.) Then do my core practical skills
3.) Then do my Gas training Portfolio.
4.) and then do an ASC Assessment.

This will all take over 6 months.

But after all that, what would my employment prospects? Am I missing important things?

If you like the idea of helping folks keep warm and using your hands you could install insulation.

As well as technical qualifications you really need some practical nouse and problem solving ability and with anybody newly qualified employment prospects very much depend on experience which can be difficult to get independently.

Before commiting to the cost of a course/training I'd try a taster course to see if I had any aptitude for the profession.

Have a search on the forum. Plenty of info.

But after 6 months, no experience then job prospects are probably nil unless you fall extremely lucky.

Reply to Job opportunities like for newly qualified Gas Heating engineers? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock