• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Job opportunities like for newly qualified Gas Heating engineers? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

AlexArrows

Hi, I am looking to Potentially become a Gas Heating Engineer. I love the idea of working with my hands and learn best that way. I like the idea of helping people have warm homes. I am currently not qualified at all and from my research., i have to dot he following:
1.) I have to do my Core Gas Safety.
2.) Then do my core practical skills
3.) Then do my Gas training Portfolio.
4.) and then do an ASC Assessment.

This will all take over 6 months.

But after all that, what would my employment prospects? Am I missing important things?

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
If you like the idea of helping folks keep warm and using your hands you could install insulation.

As well as technical qualifications you really need some practical nouse and problem solving ability and with anybody newly qualified employment prospects very much depend on experience which can be difficult to get independently.

Before commiting to the cost of a course/training I'd try a taster course to see if I had any aptitude for the profession.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Have a search on the forum. Plenty of info.

But after 6 months, no experience then job prospects are probably nil unless you fall extremely lucky.

Reply to Job opportunities like for newly qualified Gas Heating engineers? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net