Search the forum,

Discuss Job Of The Month - TilersForums.com Comp Starts Again! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Dan

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

Checkout the September jobs on TilersForums.com. Had 10 entries for the first month it has been back in around 10 months. That's not bad to be fair. :)

So, for those who don't know, this is where a tiler will whack pictures of his job in a thread, and then we all vote on the one we think is best. They get a special Avatar Ribbon on the forum, and also bragging rights.

We've had thousands of pounds worth of tools in the pot to win before now.

Unfortunately this first JOTM has £50 amazon voucher and £150 makita dab site radio, and mostly bragging rights. :D

Checkout the jobs and see what you guys think. I'd start a similar competition on here but it's not exactly a trade you can see before / after shots so easily? And the jobs are so varied? Not sure.

We do need to come up with something soon though. Have a think see what you can suggest peeps. :D

Screenshot_20191012-015114.png

Do you not just see the forum, and their threads? Their photos are in the threads.

We need a job of the month on here Dan theres alot of nice work being done . ??
Kop
I can set it up mate but it's a bit of a maul managing it. So we need be a bit busier really to warrant it.

There are some other competition systems that aren't so picture orientated that might work better here.

We do need something though it's ever such a shame to not reward you guys with something.

Also, we will be promoting the Fix Radio fixer of the year award again next year.

Don't think any of us are looking for anything out of it scale it back to a Basic link post your install of the month and it will run itself ?
Maybe matey yeah. I think we do need something though. It's nice to have other reasons to come to a forum every now and again other than that of answering questions. I guess.
I won a Job Of The Month on the tilers forum a few years ago. With a bathroom I did.
Well done mate. I'll be blogging about that soon. Just need find some time, then I'm going to create a blog post for each winner over the years. And put images in there and some facts (how many entered, how many voted, what the odds of winning were etc) and people who care to can use that kinda stuff in their own marketing etc.

Didn't realise we had so many people with accounts on both! lol!

Yes I agree mate it would give us a chance to showcase our everyday work and compare our installs with that of our fellow engineers although it needs a few rules no slating jobs critsim yes insulting oh no, if its in the public forum it demonstrates to them that we know our trade when answering a ops problem or questions Regards kop

That's exactly what the JOTM was intended for. I think the guys contributing to it get a lot of respect for the time and effort they have put into the jobs. Some world class jobs pop up every now and again.

We even had a member with a time share who gave 2 weeks holiday FOC for a winner one month to get it going years ago. It made friends for life those guys still speak now (the winner and the donor).

I'm testing some competition software this week. But also could just do with running a thread in the arms maybe to get some feedback from you guys.

Our rules for JOTM are simple. Post a job, no matter what, and explain what you did kinda thing.

Some people submit the same high end porcelain work every month but you know it's taken a small team just to carry the cutters and tiles up stairs. So other jobs where a new trainee just passed his NVQ and worked nights on his own bathroom spooned the odd thing, but still won because of the effort.

So we would need something a bit relaxed so we don't end up with the same 8 people posting the same 8 jobs month in month out.

Tilers JOTM has got stale a few times now. So hoping this time we've got a good automatic system, I'm looking out for dodgy voting swaps, and people who wouldn't have entered in the old one have in this one.

Trying to come up with that first time off the bat on plumbers (and maybe sparks too) won't be easy. So needs a fair bit of thought but some relaxed minimum requirements perhaps more so than rules.

Yes I know mate I am a member on the tiling forum aswell as you know and I have even posted a bathroom refit I did as JOTM theres some stunning work on there and some very talented individuals who well deserve their admiration, I am sure there are some very talented tradesmen on here also who deserve a pat on the back but may need a bit of encouragement to post a picture or two I can see it being popular the choice is yours ? . Regards kop

Well done mate. I'll be blogging about that soon. Just need find some time, then I'm going to create a blog post for each winner over the years. And put images in there and some facts (how many entered, how many voted, what the odds of winning were etc) and people who care to can use that kinda stuff in their own marketing etc.

Didn't realise we had so many people with accounts on both! lol!
yes dan chalked on here and Chalker on there

I try not to cross reference accounts. We have a sparky on this plumbing forum that got banned from sparky forum. I'd hate to bring collective moderation views (or outcomes) from over there to here where the said member is posting just fine.

So for the same reason, it baffles me when I realise like in this thread, that I'm speaking to some people more often than I realise yet treating them as if I don't know them on another forum lol

#forumadminproblems lol

Reply to Job Of The Month - TilersForums.com Comp Starts Again! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for help. I had a bathroom renovation done early this year which I did myself. I wanted to have a low level shower tray sitting flush to the ground and was not able to get access to the main vented stack as it's boxed in from the inside of the house and...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hi, First post and I hope its not a stupid question, we have a Baxi 105e combi connected up to a Honeywell CM927 and BRD91 which has been running quite happily for the past 10 years (with the exception of having to heat up the LCD over the toaster every few months as the LCD failed a couple of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock