Search the forum,

Discuss Jg guest and shower bracket in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have jg guest 15 mm stubs and I am fitting a shower mixer bracket i want to know if the end of the guest pipe needs to be flush with the end of the chrome compression nut or can it protrude past a little bit etc...any feedback would be appreciated

It needs to be flush or a little bit recessed. The water tight seal is made at the olive so anything past the olive is not needed.
It 'could' be fine with a little protrusion but considering how easy it is to trim it back you might as well do it right.

It needs to be flush or a little bit recessed. The water tight seal is made at the olive so anything past the olive is not needed.
It 'could' be fine with a little protrusion but considering how easy it is to trim it back you might as well do it right.
Thank you for your feedback....it makes sense so will go that way....your advice is appreciated

Reply to Jg guest and shower bracket in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some photos and questions. i'm using fast fixing brackets. i was wondering what length do i cut the pipe to? also my shower bar mixer has these cone shaped...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm installing a walk in shower, opening into shower will be on right, mixer value on right, but shower head and drain on left. The pipe work from the shower mixer valve is exposed silver colour pipework. the pipe work will run up from the valve then take a hard left at the ceiling...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems to be slightly smaller than 22 mm compression fitting and when I tighten the compression nut the whole fitting is easily sliding off the pipe and...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone shower in the garage which has been removed. Unfortunately the pipes are only 1.5" on that side of the house since there's no bathroom and the house is...
Replies
Views
A simple procedure has turned difficult. I am trying to disconnect a floor-mounted bidet so I can change the click clack waste. All is straightforward apart from disconnecting the two flexible hoses to the mixer tap. I had expected the two isolators to make this easy but was unable to turn the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock