• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss I've got a buzzing Vaillant boiler, 3 plumbers say it's fine in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

tobolerone

Hi plumbers forum, as title suggests I've got a buzzing Vaillant boiler. 3 times I've paid for people to come out and look at it. They've all signed it off as fine. Typically when they arrive it stops buzzing. It does it perhaps 3 times a day and doesn't seem to be linked to when the heating is coming on or anything. Has anyone ever seen this before? Link to the video of it buzzing is
Thanks so much in advance

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Yes both seen and heard it before. Easy fix for a gas safe registered engineer familiar with Vaillants.

Undertrained

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
2 of the guys who came round were Vaillant registered installers and servicers. What's the cause?
Unfortunately that doesn’t mean much, that just means they are approved to fit boilers and service them. Not sure if admin will allow me to anser, as it may involve giving out gas advice.

Mark Ray is based in London - Vaillantservice - see if he could help?

moonlight

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Its probably the diverter valve. I had a customer with the same problem. They said the only way they could stop the noise was to run the hot tap. When I arrived to look at the boiler no noise. But I hung around and had a coffee and while I was there the noise appeared. It is an easy fix for a gas safe engineer.

tobolerone

Its probably the diverter valve. I had a customer with the same problem. They said the only way they could stop the noise was to run the hot tap. When I arrived to look at the boiler no noise. But I hung around and had a coffee and while I was there the noise appeared. It is an easy fix for a gas safe engineer.
Thanks for your reply! I'll give this a go.

John Kimon

I have a similar problem with a buzzing Vaillant boiler, which only remedies itself when a hot water tap is turned on. I've attached a video in which the issue can be heard clearly. I've had a plumber around whose done a couple of things to try and fix it but to no avail. I'm leaning towards the diverter valve solution. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

Reply to I've got a buzzing Vaillant boiler, 3 plumbers say it's fine in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net