Search the forum,

Discuss Its not Plumbing but very Informative in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Rob Foster

Esteemed
E54D7DC0-9FF9-41F5-A438-5F94831B9D53.jpeg
We are expanding our garden and there are 12 6 ft concrete posts to go. Hire shop dropped this off just, its ace and really works...a hydraulic post lifter takes out post and the concrete plug in one go...Nice to use a dedicated machine that works

Never ever seen one of those before bet it beats doing the wiggle or getting the breaker out

Didn’t know that existed. Just shows we need to keep informed.
But that will not work on broken or rotten wood posts in concrete

Didn’t know that existed. Just shows we need to keep informed.
But that will not work on broken or rotten wood posts in concrete

You could drill an expanding anchor in and try that ?

You could drill an expanding anchor in and try that ?

I suppose you could.
I spent hours of very hard graft using a breaker over 2 days trying to remove strong concrete that had the stumps of metal posts due to a metal railing accident damage.
Staggering how much work it was.
That machine above might have done it

I suppose you could.
I spent hours of very hard graft using a breaker over 2 days trying to remove strong concrete that had the stumps of metal posts due to a metal railing accident damage.
Staggering how much work it was.
That machine above might have done it

Yep tbh easier to dig around and wiggle them out unless it’s too much damage

If you need to breaker them out drill a load of holes in the concrete first eg 10mm makes it’s alot easier

Yep tbh easier to dig around and wiggle them out unless it’s too much damage

If you need to breaker them out drill a load of holes in the concrete first eg 10mm makes it’s alot easier

Builder had surprisingly used large amount of very strong concrete mix.
Probably should have tried drilling it to weaken it

Least you know if there’s any others there not moving :D

Least you know if there’s any others there not moving :D

Absolutely! To be fair to the builder, he does use the best materials.
High speed car impact folded the steel posts as if they were light metal, but the concrete bases remained unmoved.
Wonder if that machine would help remove conifer tree stumps?

Maybe worth a try

Obviously going to have to chop the roots off as much as possible first.

Rec saw in the ground aslong as you know what’s below

Rec saw in the ground aslong as you know what’s below
It comes with a claw which can be attached to take out tree roots etc..when we have got the posts out ..then we will use the
scissor thing to what else it will
do....I will report back with piccys later tomorrow
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

yes but this thing just lifted it all out no prob...we did leave the hose on all last night to
emulisify the ground

chking

View attachment 39501 We are expanding our garden and there are 12 6 ft concrete posts to go. Hire shop dropped this off just, its ace and really works...a hydraulic post lifter takes out post and the concrete plug in one go...Nice to use a dedicated machine that works

I’ve done something similar before with a high lift jack but this is a lot more elegant. Even gives you a means of moving when it’s out.

Years a go I did some work extending a garden, hard graft but well paid. About a year later I got paid again when British Rail(or whoever owns the railways) found out and made the customer put it all back how it was:rolleyes::rolleyes:

looks a proper tool that does, I bet the weight of the post and concrete is a hand full to move on your own

05DB7C10-E4D3-47AD-9694-0DEEB7BB352F.jpeg
looks a proper tool that does, I bet the weight of the post and concrete is a hand full to move on your own
we removed 12 6 ft posts in 3 hours two of us, we reckon the whole unit with post and concrete plug weighed quarter ton equal to 5 old size bags of cement. Back and muscles still a bit sore..ace machine tho
used some posts as base for a garden room

Aww thats harsh...I am hurt NOT..but I have recently promoted
1. Chris Jepp with his bog pan spigot
2. Alan Wright with his Shower Power Booster
3. My Stuff...however We are very close to the Uk Plumbing & Heating Innovation Centre launch..backed by Flowflex, Mc Alpine plastic, Henshaws and Teddington Systems it is a not for profit virtual shop and idea dev. project. We have two indivduals already we are
helping f.o.c. one from UK PF
email address if our moderators allow
Have a good weekend

Reply to Its not Plumbing but very Informative in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock