Search the forum,

Discuss Issue with sink and washing machine in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Aaron Johnson

Hi all, so we've had to have our washer moved and a plumber installed it next to the sink. Since then the sink has made a gurgling noise whenever the washer is running, and I don't mean once or twice while it's draining, it's quite often and even when the bowl is actually spinning. The plughole gets popped out too while washing dishes so we can't use both at the same time. Is this normal? Is it just an unfortunate side effect of it being there or is it substandard work? I've had issues with them on the main job they were here for and I need to know if they messed this up too. He mentioned that they had to 're-do' the pipes too, whatever that may mean. I don't know exactly what they did but it's not as though they ripped it all out and reinstalled it, I know that for sure at least. It didn't take them long at all. Thank you

It’s ok to plumb a washing machine/appliance into a kitchen sink waste. Sounds like you may have a blockage, or perhaps an issue with wastepipe running uphill. Any photos?

Reply to Issue with sink and washing machine in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Hi guys first post. I am in the process of rejuvenating a double wash sink. It was needing the waste below looked at for a washing machine and dryer, as it had a sunken elbow and unbeknownst it was a mix of 1 1/4 and 1 1/2, including the sink wastes themselves. I bought new matching 1 1/2...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, I've installed a macerator a while ago to manufactures specs, toilet, sink and shower. One problem I've always had is the shower tray is slow to empty and has over flowed a couple of times.To get around this if I run the sink tap at the same time all works fine and the shower tray does work...
Replies
Views
A few months ago I wanted to connect a 1000l water butt (fabricated from galv steel) to our washing machine. After trawling many forums and websites for advice the general consensus was don't bother. I like a challenge so connected up the butt initially with nothing else in line, the washer...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have had an extension built which will have 3 radiators to the big main room, a utility sink and a shower room (ground works, waste, and pipes etc are in) The builder is not installing the sanitary ware as I will have to save up in order to fit the shower room in a few years time...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock