Search the forum,

Discuss Isolator valves on basin taps in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
I have always had a poor water delivery to my bathroom and en-suit basins. The cold is just about acceptable but the hot is pathetic coming from the tank on the same floor.
Both rooms have isolator valves fitted in the correct direction and then to flexi tails that just reduce the flow further.
So. If I buy full bore isolators will that help some of the problem as in the hole in the middle will be larger I assume?
Also I have been trying to locate 15mm-22mm isolator valves to then reduce it back to 15mm if I am mistaken about the above comment in blue but unable to find any, is there such a product?
Also a 90* one would be better still.

Thanks in advance

Your blue bit is correct.

Yes, get full bore isolation valves. Then if possible pipe up to taps in 15 mm copper and you will notice the difference. I don’t know of angled full bore , but you ciuld use a straight one and then an elbow, or better still bend some 15mm copper.

Your blue bit is correct.

Yes, get full bore isolation valves. Then if possible pipe up to taps in 15 mm copper and you will notice the difference. I don’t know of angled full bore , but you ciuld use a straight one and then an elbow, or better still bend some 15mm copper.
Thanks Ben

Yes going to use copper!

I'm glad the full bore isolator will do the trick or at least help.
My wife likes to have mixer basin taps and they just get reduced with every join you make.

No isolators and hard pipe in copper straight to separate taps install a lever valve off the tank and cylinder etc

No isolators and hard pipe in copper straight to separate taps install a lever valve off the tank and cylinder etc
Cheers Shaun

It just makes it easier for the home DIYer though as something invariably goes wrong and the shops are shut until the next morning to buy the part required and the water needs to be on around the property.

Cheers Shaun

It just makes it easier for the home DIYer though as something invariably goes wrong and the shops are shut until the next morning to buy the part required and the water needs to be on around the property.

Hi again

Just found full bore flexis as well which I hope will help drastically.
Never knew this full bore stuff ever existed.
Hi
So The full bore isolator have arrived but they do not appear to have direction arrows.

So do they fit either way around?

Normally the split on the outlet where the hex is the split / assembly

Reply to Isolator valves on basin taps in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock