Search the forum,

Discuss Isolation valve removed handle? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Just moved house and got a blocked hot water pipe to a mixer shower, I think I need to isolate and drain the inlet pipe before cleaning the filter.
Problem is that the isolation valve from the hot water tank looks like it’s missing a tap/handle - any advice on whether I can replace the handle (and if so, what part I should be looking for) or does the entire valve need replacing?

Attachments

• ACBECD33-4C87-4DB7-A89D-588B9D035D78.jpeg
    ACBECD33-4C87-4DB7-A89D-588B9D035D78.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 272CDF62-404B-4F7E-AF55-BF2CCA157899.jpeg
    272CDF62-404B-4F7E-AF55-BF2CCA157899.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 28
  • D448BDAD-4D7A-4F74-BB83-8CBDF11E213B.jpeg
    D448BDAD-4D7A-4F74-BB83-8CBDF11E213B.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 28
Thanks for the reply - appreciate it. Got a screw fix down the road so will try and and replace the handle with that lever valve first.

Beware that not all brands of handle will interchange successfully with different valve bodies. I would just use an adjustable spanner or grips/pliers in that situation.

If it doesn`t want to move in one direction then try the other direction, lever valves are only quarter turn from on to off.

Beware that not all brands of handle will interchange successfully with different valve bodies. I would just use an adjustable spanner or grips/pliers in that situation.
Thanks - unfortunately I discovered this the hard way, and had to use an adjustable wrench in the end. Still gonna try and replace as the location means it’s difficult to get any purchase with a wrench.

Reply to Isolation valve removed handle? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock