Search the forum,

Discuss Is this right? - Washing machine in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
I’m having a problem with my washing machine and any help would greatly be appreciated!

I moved into my new build ground floor flat just over a year ago and I’ve always had a problem with my washing machine not working correctly and leaving my clothes with a damp/stagnant water smell.

I bought a new Gorenje WE843 washing machine when moving in. So I’m not sure if the pipes are not fitted correctly or the washing machine is no good? The washing machine is cleaned regularly but this smell is still present.

The washing machine is fitted under the kitchen sink. I never have a smell come up from the kitchen sink but I do in the bathroom if I take the bath/shower plug out for a while. This could be unrelated.

I’ve attached some images to show the set up.

Thank you 😃

Attachments

• C60D14EC-A2D0-40C3-8C60-83FA5E96FF02.jpeg
    C60D14EC-A2D0-40C3-8C60-83FA5E96FF02.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 31
  • 8DA8863F-A989-4999-82BA-6F3E37C46F3C.jpeg
    8DA8863F-A989-4999-82BA-6F3E37C46F3C.jpeg
    252.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 9705028E-344E-4212-A904-A801833AF23D.jpeg
    9705028E-344E-4212-A904-A801833AF23D.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 29
1. Its fine to have the washing machine waste hose going into the spigot it is attached to in your photographs.
2. However, the waste hose should rise to just under the level of the work top, then fall into the spigot. This means that at its highest point the waste hose is higher than any point inside the machine, and any waste water left in the hose will generally syphon away down the drain.
3. You might like to try pulling the washing machine out, and re-routing it through a hole made higher up in the wall of the cupboard through which it currently runs.
4. I don't think Gorenje are in the Premier League of washing machine manufacturers.

If you really want to exclude the waste connection as a possible cause, hook the drain hose over the top of the sink the old-fasioned way so it discharges into the sink. Do you still have the problem a week later?

Reply to Is this right? - Washing machine in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock