Search the forum,

Discuss Is this product suitable as a solvent cement for abs pipes? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have this at home: Glue
and I need to solvent-weld these abs drain piping:
pipe and elbow
Can I avoid purchasing solvent cement? Or would that present some problem?
Thanks.

No it’s not need to get the proper stuff

Reply to Is this product suitable as a solvent cement for abs pipes? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was just interested if people put solvent weld on both the pipe and fitting or just the pipe when glueing overflow/condensate pipe.
Replies
Views
Trying to connect up new 40mm waste into the old soil stack (which would be an absolute pain to remove), it's all Osma pipe, from the 70s. Pulled out the old waste from the boss and discovered the seal is pretty knackered, hardened and cracked everywhere (red coloured seal in the photo)...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into the wall with a right angle connector. There is no place to break into it to connect up a new arrangement for a new sink. So does anyone make a...
Replies
Views
Thanks all for your replies. I have settled for a lesser-of-two evils option. I cut the copper coming from the stack elbow back a bit further, and have glued (desperate times) a solvent weld elbow onto the copper using a large quantity of quick setting glue. The rest I have managed to get level...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm internally. I'm trying to connect a 40mm floplast solvent weld pipe, and can't find a boss adaptor that even nearly fits. I can't cut a new hole above...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock