Search the forum,

Discuss Is this possible in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone.

I need to install an additional outlet on a heating oil tank it's single walled steel and there's no way to access the inside of the tank. Does there exist any kind of tank fitting that can be used, or do I need another tank?

It hasn't been commissioned yet - it was a custom shape and the customer didn't specify he wanted a dedicated drain outlet. The only outlet on the tank right now is the feed to the boilers - which is 5cm off the bottom of the tank. This will leave about 300 litres of unusable (and un-drainable) fuel - which isn't ideal.

local fab shop to weld a drain / weld olet on the tank?

I would look at a valve with a tapered thread and install it in the bottom of the tank. Have a look in the BES catalogue or their online one which is a bit clunky. centralheatking

Reply to Is this possible in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock