Search the forum,

Discuss Is this normal? Help Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Our boiler has been making this funny noise all day. Only started this afternoon. Happens every 45 seconds or so. Have attached an audio file on the link below. Starts at 5 seconds in and then again at about 44 seconds.

Thanks for any help!

Dropbox - Boiler noises.m4a - Simplify your life

No not normal best get a gas safe engy out

We are house sitting at the moment so not sure the full set up of the house, only hearing this loud noise regularly. Not using anything, just consistent noise as per the attachment above. Happens every 45 seconds - 1 minute or so!

Just realised it’s not the boiler but in fact a ‘Tempest Hot Water Cylinder’ attached to a reflex storage tank? Do you think it will be fine or do I need to call out an emergency plumber? Thanks for your help!

G3 unvented registered engineer will probably be required if it’s the cylinder. Any photos as per Scott?

Please see pictures attached. Is the pressure too low? Needs to be minimum 1.5 but looks like it’s on about 0.2?

75394FE4-E850-49C5-9254-24B4BDF0B20D.jpeg

62AED73D-624B-4DB6-993A-E95524771F7A.jpeg

944A4488-208E-442C-A011-49E608BD6A36.jpeg

BA061306-7647-4479-95B2-156484BAD385.jpeg

33E0A7DB-10FF-4498-BAF7-133445F6AEB2.jpeg

Does this happen with a demand/call? Eg do you have the programmer on for hot water/heating? That pressure is low, try and top it up, it could be the reason behind the noise. (The minimum pressure you refer to is the incoming cold water supply pressure).

Turn the black handled tap (highlighted yellow on photo) and take pressure to approx 1.5 bar.

D26CE433-CF93-4F7D-AC16-C248E8C15DEA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be the green pump

Im no expert and house sitting so not sure...sorry! There are two panels on the side. One says timer off. The one that is attached to the green pump says Timer on. I just listened further and it does sound like the noise is coming from that green pump! Attached a closer pic. What shall I do? Is it safe?

image.jpg

Turn the timer for the pump off eg timer off and let the owners know there secondary hot water pump has gone / broken

Thankyou for all your help. The time and date were wrong on the panel so put the right time and date on it and it automatically switched the timer off which switched all the background noise and everything off. Phew! I am not sure if the timer will re-kick in however on a default setting so not sure if it’s worth just turning that panel off completely??

I would turn it off or if you can isolate the pump do that , the cylinder has a immersion heater which you can use to get hot water until a engineer can attend . Kop

Reply to Is this normal? Help Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock