• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Is this my HWC drain valve and where does it go? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

hgee1205

Hi
I might need to part drain my HWC to fit a new Essex flange washer and I posted an earlier message thinking I did not have a drain valve , however I have noticed a valve connected to the cold supply which , if the cold supply is isolated , looks like it will drain the tank .Please check the images
If so , where is the water going to drain? The pipe just disappears downwards and I am wondering where the pipe is likely to go?
If this is a drain valve , do they normally do this?
Thanks

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Yes by the looks of it yes

Under the floor / outside or maybe to drain

Reply to Is this my HWC drain valve and where does it go? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net