Search the forum,

Discuss Is this going to be work OK??!!! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

After years of using a pumped electric shower (Triton t80 pumped), it's now dying and I'd like to replace it with a 'normal' mixer shower running off the vented hot water tank as this is now largely heated by solar PV . When we first moved to the house there was a shower head coming off the bath taps, but it was largely unusable as the water pressure was so low (just under 3 feet below the cold tank in the loft, registering about 0.2 static bar out of the shower head hose) and also other domestic water usage resulted in a scolding/freezing stream of water.

But now its time to give it another go!

Aside from a fitting a proper thermostatic mixer, I was going also going to fit salamander booster pump (1.5 bar), to deal with the low and fluctuating water pressure. The Triton pumped electric shower gives a (Triton stated) flow rate of 8 litre per min at 1 bar and the salamander pump will give about 1.5bar for 8litres per min.

So I'm thinking the pumped natural shower should work fine and fix the low pressure and fluctuations right!??? But I'm shelling out my own money and don't want to get it badly wrong through my lack of experience.

Any comments or suggestions really welcome :)

Thanks
nick

hi have been a plumber for 50 years this month i have fitted five pumps in the last seven years not had a callback yet last one was three years ago recently did a job there still working great i looked at different pumps cheapest £200 then i saw a site Katsu tools they sell legal copies that fit Makita batteries i have bought lots of 18v tools from them then in on their web they have a digital booster pump fitted five of them about £79 and they are the business adjustable pressure and speed work on negative head if the air is bled well ask others

Reply to Is this going to be work OK??!!! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock