Currently reading:
Is this flue safe

Discuss Is this flue safe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big And

I have recently had a combi boiler installed and am having a number of problems, which are slowly being resolved. I am trying to be a patent and understanding as possible, but have just been up into the loft to put some things into storage and have found the 5m (2.5m vertical 2.5m horizontal) flue running at non uniform angles and being supported by one bracket and string, the joints are wrapped in a silver tape which also seems to have been used to provide support as well. I be grateful if you could look at the pictures below and provide feedback as to whether you think the flue installation is safe or as the flue is so poor I ought to be concerned about the whole installation.
flue 1.jpgflue 2.jpgflue 3.jpg

I still think this is a - nicely done! - wind up. There's no other sensible explanation....

i'm just waiting on someone saying it was done by a short course trainee, when in all probability it has been in for years and was done by a registered (although incompetant) engineer
maybe the comment has been made, i haven't read through all the posts :)

Having re-read this thread, taking another look at the photo's and also taking into account the manufacturers visit who would have checked the flue. This is nothing more than others have said...a wind up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this flue safe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock