Search the forum,

Discuss Is this combi boiler installation within safety regulations? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I am unsure what are the regulations as to how close the pipework coming out of the bottom of my combi boiler can be to the electrical fuse spur? Also, how close can the magna flow be to the electric cable? At present water drips from the pipes coming out of the bottom of the combi boiler onto the electrical cable below it that goes into the fuse spur?

Attachments

• 20220324_182838.mp4
    34.2 MB
  • 20220324_213755.mp4
    27.9 MB
Water shouldn’t drip that needs sorting

Be more worried about the single insulation of the cable being exposed it’s not the best but acceptable if there’s no where else for the filter to go

Cable needs renewing to theres no single insulation showing

There are several issues.

Firstly, you should never be able to see the coloured cable cores. It's not actually dangerous as the copper is still insulated, but the cable cores are not protected so they are at risk of being damaged. This is a breach of electrical regulations.

Secondly, the location of that filter is not ideal. I would never choose to put it that close to an electrical outlet of any sort. That said, the proximity isn't really a safety issue as a pipe dripping from a foot above will wet the electrical outlet just as easily as one dripping from an inch above. So if space is tight, I'd say that while it isn't ideal, it isn't really wrong as such.

The third issue is the leak. There absolutely should not be dripping water. The first job of a plumber or boiler installer is not to leave leaks so what you have is absolutely not to a reasonable standard and the installer is legally responsible to correct this.

The boiler is full of water and electrics but they shouldn’t contact each other.
Put a bin bag under the filter and get it fixed ASAP

Reply to Is this combi boiler installation within safety regulations? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock