Search the forum,

Discuss Is this boiler noise just air in the system? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Just moved into a house and never had a gas boiler before (always lived with electric heating). As part of the renovation, we've removed the cold water storage tanks and replaced the old copper cylinder with a new unvented steel cylinder.
As part of that, we naturally had to drain the whole system, so naturally, after the first day, there was still a bunch of air left in the system, which I think I got most out with bleeding the radiators.

Now that the boiler has been running for a few hours though it is still emitting a weird fairly low volume clicking noise - is this just the boiler operating and the noise that it generates or is there still air left in the system and if so, how do you get it out?
The noise is only coming from the boiler and not from any of the radiators or pipes.

Video of the boiler noise:

Boiler noise it shouldn’t be there either I have a feeling there’s a part that needs replacing so you know if it’s still under warranty?

Reply to Is this boiler noise just air in the system? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Hi. Please can anyone help. My mum has just sent me this video of her airing cupboard. She had put the imersion heater on to warm the water for a shower when she noticed this horrendous noise. Can anybody shed any light on it ? She has BG cover but before calling them I thought I’d post here...
Replies
Views
Hi there, My boiler (Worcester Greenstar Ri) has started making a soft knocking noise when it turns on, and again a few times when it turns off. I've attached a short video of the sound. It isn't constant, it seems to happen within the first 10 mins of the boiler starting up, then you won't...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock