Search the forum,

Discuss Is this an anodised aluminium finish? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

I recently bought an aluminium radiator, online. The manufacture's web site led me to believe that you could get "Other Anodised AO" in a RAL colour; it says "These finishes are available in any RAL colour" and I know you can get coloured anodised aluminium like this:

Anodised Aluminium 3.jpg

However, what I got was this:

2022 06 10 IMG_40D_B5595.jpg

which just looks like a standard RAL matt finish. I did make it clear when I ordered that I wanted matt anodised in RAL 1004 and have queried it with the supplier.

They're saying that this is the matt anodised RAL finish but I'm wondering if somebody has cocked-up somewhere and they're trying to fob me off.

Can anybody definitively tell me if I am? I'm not sure I've got much of a leg to stand on (having paid in advance) but I'd like to know.

Thanks in advance.

Jules.

Ralm1004vis golden yellow hard to tell on iPad colour charts but that doesn’t look like it to me lookws more like banana yellow

1656530649775.jpeg

The colour is spot on thanks - I've got a RAL K7 colour chart and the match is perfect. It's not the colour I'm asking about, it's the finish. Is the finish simply RAL paint or is it the coloured anodised aluminium that I ordered? That's the question!

You won’t get an anodised rad will be powdercoated in a ral colour

So you’ve got what you asked for

Thanks for your reply. But why do you say that? This bit of their web site makes me think they do!
View attachment 76260
Or am I completely missing something?

That’s only available in aluminium oxide eg silver

You’ve gone for a ral colour

Reply to Is this an anodised aluminium finish? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock