Search the forum,

Discuss Is there such a thing as a black rest bend in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

My external foul drains are not deep. If I connect a rest bend then most of it will be exposed. Painting should stop UV degradation but I'm not sure how well the paint will adhere. does anyone make black ones?

Would two 135 degree bends connected together make a suitable alternative with a sufficiently shallow (overall) radius?

I would not use two 45’s, the rest bend also has the functionality of helping to support the weight of the stack via its fin/foot arrangement.

Painting will be fine.

I've painted numerous waste pipe fittings and not had an issue. Just get a black gloss aerosol suitable for plastic and you'll be fine.

Encase in concrete afterwards ? Not much

Thanks for all the replies. I do like to do proper DIY jobs. I decided to go for the “proper job” and have a proper terracotta coloured plastic rest bend. The feet look as if they should be bedded on something substantial, a slab or concrete. Looking at it then perhaps you could use 2x 135 degree bends supported in concrete.

But it looks very elegant, almost like a high heeled shoe.

Reply to Is there such a thing as a black rest bend in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock