Search the forum,

Discuss Is there a programmable stat that can also do immersion heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Looking for help with finding a suitable controller.
Customer has oil Aga for central heating and hot water - simple enough. However over the summer months it gets shut down and any heat requirements are met by wood burner and hot water is produced electrically via cylinder immersion as they have a large solar array.

What the customer is after is an all in one programmable room thermostat with effectively 3 channels - heating, hot water and immersion heater hot water control.
I don't think such a product exists but would love to be proved wrong.

Many thanks

James

I don't think so the immersion is wired separate on it's own RCD and double pole switch. Not a 3amp switched fused spur the boiler and its controls run off. You can get immersion timers however but will be separate to the rest of the controls.

Yes and no you could run one in tandem with a 30 amp contactor

But have a word with a sparky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is there a programmable stat that can also do immersion heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock