Search the forum,

Discuss Is there a Loctite type glue for plumbing joints in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oiseau

Hello,

I need to join two male threads into a female straight connector and want to glue them so they cannot be unscrewed and hopefully the glue would contribute to ensuring the joint is leak free.

Is there a special recommended glue for this purpose.

Advice, recommendations or jocular comments all gratefully received !!

Oiseau

are we talking brass, iron, or plastic?
is it to carry water, oil gas?
it it a tapered thread or parallel?

usually thread tape or paste is used

Locative will have a special type of thread lock for this. A local pipecentre will have a locate catalog. May even be one on their website that will have all of the applications and properties of each of their products

Any good thread locking adhesive will do as you require it do, i.e fix the joint in place permanently so that it can't be unscrewed. Screw fix sell it.

Or you can join it using traditional methods, like PTFE thread tape and if it's steel, you could put a spot weld on it, or if brass, you could spot braize it and this would prevent it from being dismantled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is there a Loctite type glue for plumbing joints in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, As some of you are aware, I am currently stuck in Italy running a shop that has nothing to do with plumbing :( Yesterday I thought I'd got most of what I needed to get done by lunchtime and was able to take the rest of the day 'off' (which actually means try to get done the things that are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a couple of 1" brass female connectors on a hot water cylinder. I'm fitting 1" brass to 22mm compression fittings but I'm struggling to make the connection watertight. I have used lots of PTFE tape but it's still leaking very slightly at the joint between the female spcket and the...
Replies
Views
A
Does anyone recognise the coupler in the photo? The pipe is the mains coming up into the flat. I aim to replace all the plumbing with 15mm plastic but I'm concerned about leaks where it joins the mains. I'm thinking of removing the existing coupler and putting a speedfit 15mm to 1/2BSP tap...
Replies
Views
Angus
A
D
Hi, At Construction Skills College we offer an introduction to plumbing course that is aimed at people with little or no experience at all. We will also be offering an NVQ Diploma in 2013. Please feel free to visit our centre whilst we have a course running to talk with students or visit our...
Replies
Views
davecsc
D
G
What type of 1-1/4 to 2 inch flexible pipe to use ? Hello. We are ignorant of plumbing components and procedures and hope you can help. This ground source heat pump worked fine for three years. Then a leak occured at a joint in the input line where it enters the unit. The parts of...
Replies
Views
Giles
G
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock