Search the forum,

Discuss Is the my main water shut off? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

adb

Hi,

I'm trying to identify my main water shut off/stopcock in my house. For someone reason, the water meter is upstairs and I'm wondering if this is the shut off next to it?
View: https://*********/a/ngeOrvv

I know my neighbour shuts the water off from the street, when needed, so I guess that could also be the case.

Thanks

I would say that’s a gas shut off as it’s yellow is it cold ?

Thanks for the replies. Yes, the pipe is cold. I'm not sure it is gas as you can see in the picture the pipe loops over and goes straight into the top of the water meter. Also there is this funny little blue tap underneath the meter.

View: https://*********/a/PoPxePO

If the pipes are connected then try turning it off the blue valve is a butterfly valve which will also shut of your water

Reply to Is the my main water shut off? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains pressure from small hole/crack The outside of pipe (measured with veneer caliper) at 23.5mm Pipe Runs under drive, along side of property and looks to go...
Replies
Views
I have a seemingly impossible problem. I am not a plumber but I can at least understand some of it. We have just had the Water Board inspector here and even he went away flummoxed. OK ....we have a stopcock under the sink that is stuck open - no amount of force will turn it. We need to turn...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor flat above it, and both share the same mains water pipe, and I believe the stopcock behind the washing machine isolates all water to both properties...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Could someone help with a issue I have been having with my vertical radiator. I have one vertical radiator in my bungalow and it does not heat up unless the surrounding radiators are shut off. I have tried turning the surrounding radiators down but the have to be completely or very...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock