Search the forum,

Discuss Is pipe leaking under the floorboard or is it moisture? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a query about who do I contact for this and how it will be sorted out. In the bedroom there is a small section of the floor which is squeaky (carpet is done in and the floor in that particular bit squeaks anytime I walk on it). Looks like previous owners walked only on that part as the rest of the carpet looks new except for that part.
I saw a tiny circle on the carpet which looked like a rain drop. I put tissue paper on the carpet and walked around and there were two rain drop wet spots so I am wondering if there is a leak under the floorboards or is it damp or what could it be.

I can't hear a hissing sound but want to know why there are these tiny wet circles, any advice on what I should do, do I contact a plumber? any advice would be great thanks and no where else is there any wetness but just this little spot about a meter away from the radiator.

Hi BobbyJoe,

Do you have any issues with the boiler losing pressure? If yes then this could indicate that there’s a problem. If no, it still wouldn’t rule out any hot, cold or heating leak. I have known these to spray up like a fine mist. I’d get it checked out, by a plumber.

No the combi boiler pressure is fine and it hasn't changed since I got it installed less than a year ago.
Will a plumber be able to help out and if so do I need to cut the carpet or anything as how would he be able to see if there is a leak? thanks

Yes a plumber should be able to assist. Unless you can lift the carpet back, and lift floorboard(s) to check yourself? If not then, The carpet should pull back, and then plumber can lift floorboards to check for a leak.

Thank you so much, I will find a plumber to assist and will check out my building insurance (paid via factor) to see if I will be covered for this should work need to be done.🙂

Reply to Is pipe leaking under the floorboard or is it moisture? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

There's a leak in the ceiling of my Dad's living room which is on the ground floor and has a bedroom directly above it. There's an in-ceiling speaker where water was dripping from, and there were slower drips coming from a...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under the floor tiles one of the floorboards on side of the bath was wet through and almost rotten. So I feel the water has been seeping through that due...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Bungalow built in 2001. All copper pipework (water and heating) runs in channels of expanded foam polystyrene between a concrete floor and OSB boards. Pipe are lagged in stitched felt and what looks like bubble wrap with sand (?) over the top. During the bathroom refit, I lifted up some of the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock