Search the forum,

Discuss Is my wall still under leak or it is talking time to dry up? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Mine is a two storeyed house. The groundfloor toilet and first flower shower are at same alignment.

About two months back, I cleaned my shower drain like this in the video:

Unfortunately, when I removed the siphon, the left out water (about 1 litre) around the area started draining. For some reason, I also noticed this water seep into the walls of ground floor toilet.

IMG_20211126_233038326.jpg

After that I cleaned the shower drain, fitted the siphon back.

But this seeped water trace is not going off. In fact when I touch the portion, I sense it colder than unaffected portion of the wall. Here are my questions:

1. How do I know if there is still some leakage active?
2. I don't know if the seepage is spreading. May be I should take weekly pics. and compare.
3. How long does it take to dry, assuming the leak is inactive?

Pl. share your advice. TIA.

Assuming ceiling and boxing in are plaster board a 1ltr spill months ago would have long ago dried out.
Clear pictures of your actual shower would be useful.
I can send the picture of my shower after few hours.

I don't know if my wall is plaster board or concrete. Assuming it is a concrete wall, how long do you think it will take to dry?

Test on "bldg" setting to see if its still damp.

Take a pencil and draw a mark at the tideline and put the date - to see if its growing.

I don't know if my wall is plaster board or concrete. Assuming it is a concrete wall, how long do you think it will take to dry?
I can only give you an anecdotal comparison. I once had an unheated shed with a leaking 4" thick reinforced concrete roof with failed asphalt weatherproofing. Inevitably, it would start to leak on occasion and I'd go up with a can of reinforced bitumen paint which used to solve the problem for around a year. It would stop dripping within a day or two and would be dry within a week.

Dear all,

Sorry for not updating so long. It was a bit difficult to find the right plumber who could help me out.

The replies above turned to be true - It was a leakage from the drain pipe of my second floor toilet, not from the shower as I was assuming wrongly earlier. Fortunately the pipe of interest was covered under a wooden board that had to be removed to repair the pipe connection. Basically it was a saddle pipe connected to the main drain line that was the source of leakage. Temporarily it was reglued + sealed with caulking gun. The plumper has promised to propose a permanent fix in a sooner time. Till then he is sure that I won't have any issue and I think he is right. I am able to see the wall that was wet a week back is completely dry again.

I keep you all posted with my further actions. Again, thanks a lot for your answers. It saved me from waiting till a bigger damage.

Reply to Is my wall still under leak or it is talking time to dry up? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a few issues with my bath drainage and leaking. The first issue is that the near corner of the bath by the taps is sloped downwards meaning that it pools in the corner and quickly starts leaking through gaps in the shower screen onto the floor rather than into the bath. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
My step-daughter bought a 50's end-terraced house at the start of the year, and found there was a leak from Mira bar shower that was coming through the bedroom wall from the bathroom on the other side of the wall. The shower is over the bath and the bathroom walls are tiled around three sides of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue with the water pressure. Toward the end of last year the pressure had got worse. For instance, you could not run another tap in the house if a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock