Search the forum,

Discuss Is my plumber a cowboy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Got a central heating system installed a few months ago and had a few problems.

The guy had put the condensate pipe out through the wall to just pour onto the ground which I thought was odd, when I asked him to run it into a waste pipe he made a big fuss about "that's not how its done with these boilers" and wasn't gonna do it. It's a green start cdi classic.

And now one of the trvs is leaking and not only is he saying he can't come out for possibly weeks, I've noticed the water is murky and smells of flux/solder, should it have been power flushed and would it be like that if it had been?

Not to mention he sold us 2 thermostats. We asked for a Worcester wave when he priced the job but fitted an rf comfort and handed me a boxed wave insisting that fitting it was my problem. Am I right in thinking that it would be one or the other anyway?
In his price he had listed electrical work by others in with his priced works, now I know this was sneaky because if you seen the quote you would see how he made it appear to be included.

The guy also made a right mess of the floorboards and left them all that way for me to fix.

He said initially that it would be all copper then turned up and did it in 10mm plastic.

He is also adamant that he doesnt need to lag the pipes under the floor and has refused to do it.

Also I've never seen trvs fitted how he's done them angled so they stick out away from the radiator into the room. Looks hellish.

Is this normal or is this the work of a cowboy?

Best bet is to register on the forum and get some pictures up before croppie comes along and locks the thread. Does sound like a bit of a bodge though.

Firstly how much you pay?
Depending on area a pack costs 3Thousand plus for a reasonably decent standard.

However if you paid a decent price then some of the issues you are questioning are correct ,.

Was he gas safe for a start ?

He was gas safe and Worcester approved, paid 5000 with 8 radiators. So should the system have been flushed and the condensate into the waste?

Bing worcester approved means nothing imho,
You paid a lot of money so the job does sound like its not great .

Can i ask...did he turn up on a horse ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Please register with us to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is my plumber a cowboy in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First job was to install a new boiler, and later install radiators, bathroom, kitchen, etc. The boiler was installed last September but not switched on as...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock