Search the forum,

Discuss Is my boiler large enough? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

Last year we renovated the house we now live in. It didn't have any central heating so we had an intergas boiler fitted. Only after it being installed we realised the boiler was the HRE 24/18 (the guy who installed is intergas certified and had installed boilers for family as he is a friend of my cousin). Before being installed we informed him that we were at some point going to get our garage converted and would need a couple of radiators in there as well as a towel radiator for a downstairs toilet. Therefore I assumed he would fit a boiler large enough.

We currently have 6 largish double panel and double convector radiators. At the moment the rads equate to 12.3kw. for our garage we would like another 2 X 1.8kw radiators and towel radiator for downstairs loo. This would be close to 17kw all in all. Ok top of this we would like a little radiator added to our kitchen which hasn't got one at the moment, as even though it's small its freezing in there!!

Looking at specs of Intergas 24/18 the boiler would potentially be maxed out.

We currently run a shower off the boiler which works great, which I was also concerned about.

Will my boiler struggle to cope with what we want done?

Reply to Is my boiler large enough? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock