Search the forum,

Discuss Is it the tap or the vented hot water system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I've got a customer with an Edwardian bath/shower mixer which gives her water that's either too hot or too cold. The taps are quarter turn, so ceramic disks of course, but even I couldn't get the hot water to come out at a safe temperature. I'm wondering if this is down to a failure inside the tap itself or if it's difficult because it's on an unvented system and the head pressure is low. We had the same thing at home when I was (much) younger and it was really difficult to mix the water safely.

I don't want to change the mixer tap and have the same problem.

Cheers all,

Guy

Reply to Is it the tap or the vented hot water system? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock