Search the forum,

Discuss Is it safe to run on "only DHW" mode on summer in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

We live a house heated with "viessmann vitodens 200" running on gas.
Hope you will excuse my question, but we have a doubt if it's safe to run the heating only on summer mode so called "DHW".
We are recently move to a house with a mentioned gas boiler, and previous owners told us to not modify any settings on the heating mode. Only to reduce the thermostats in each rooms to minimum.
Temperatures now are more than 15 C. And I do not see points to warm water for the heater + warm the water as well.
Is it anything wrong with running the system only on "DHW" (Summer mode)?

Thank you beforehand!

Regards!

I'm guessing the original owners might have been referring to the complexity of the controller and that it was just easier to turn down the roomstats to stop the heating coming on - doing this will mean the heating won't fire so you won't be wasting any gas anyway.

And having had experience with the Viessman controllers I would probably tend to agree with them!

Thank you very much for the responds! I very much agree with comment on controllers. Even reading the documentation it's still not really clear all the usage of the small nobs.

Reply to Is it safe to run on "only DHW" mode on summer in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock