Search the forum,

Discuss Is it safe to make recording studio in room with water and gas metre? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I would like to put foam acoustic panels all over the walls and ceiling of a room to soundproof it, here are the panels:

The room has a water metre and gas metre (though there are no gas appliances in the property) in it.

I was going to use this to attach the panels to the walls / ceilings:

I have attached some pictures to help with your verdict.

We have lived at the property for 2 years and the only problem has been mould and damp.

My question is is it safe to install these panels??

Many many thanks for your help!

Olie

Attachments

• IMG_20200524_094115.jpg
    IMG_20200524_094115.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20200524_094143.jpg
    IMG_20200524_094143.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 18
wouldnt want anything electric in with the gas meter personally

If there are no gas appliances in the property get the meter removed. Create access panels in your soundproof panels so the water meter can be read when it’s time, plus you’ll need access to the water stop tap.

Reply to Is it safe to make recording studio in room with water and gas metre? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
I had a brand new Vaillant ecotec 837 boiler fitted in June and ever since then there have been intermittent rotten egg smells coming from the boiler. There are no hot water outlets in the room where the boiler is, it seems to emanate from the boiler/boiler cupboard itself. The gas safe...
Replies
Views
ecowarm
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock