Search the forum,

Discuss Is it safe to just unscrew the nut that connects a pex pipe directly with a tap? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

abe

I tried to replace a couple of taps but surprisingly they are screwed directly to the pex piping instead to the flexible tap connectors.

I'm no expert so I don't know if I can proceed as normal. I'm hesitant to just unscrew the nut because it looks like a permanent fitting glued to the pex and I don't want to break the seal without the needed materials.

I really appreciate any idea to move forward. Thank you so much!

fbngfhfjtsuy.jpg

Other details:

Those pipes does not have isolation valves. I don't have cement / special glue for pex just now.. Do I need some?

I'm changing the taps because they are in very bad shape with broken plastic nuts at the bottom, so each time I use them I stress the pex pipes because they need much more force than normal in order to stop the water.

English is not my first language. I hope I didn't say anything stupid, just in case, I'm really sorry .

They look like grey hep20 push fit, the nut will unscrew and reveal either a rubber or fibre washer. So no solvent cement required.

They look like grey hep20 push fit, the nut will unscrew and reveal either a rubber or fibre washer. So no solvent cement required.
Thank you so much Aquarius for the advice :) It was really helpful, now I'm more confident to do it!
I wouldn't have doubted so much if the connector was like this one:
gtregh4trg.jpg

Abe, it's very similar, obviously don't forget to turn the water off and drain before starting.

Reply to Is it safe to just unscrew the nut that connects a pex pipe directly with a tap? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock