Search the forum,

Discuss Is it possible/within regs to move a Toilet soil pipe? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

We are currently renovating our house and would like to know if we can move the toilet soil pipe a few feet from its current position? Basically, we had an airing cupboard on the landing. That airing cupboard back wall backed on to the toilet. so, for example...If you were in the bathroom and drilled a hole through the wall it would come out in theairing cupboard. Likewise, if you were on the landing and opened the door for the airing cupboard and a drilled a hole in the wall facing it would come out through the bathroom wall. So, we ripped out the airing cupboard and boarded up the airing room cupboard door. Therefore, we now have a bigger bathroom. However, this has left us with a problem...Now, instead of the toilet being in the corner of the bathroom (where it used to but up to the airing cupboard wall) it is now in the middle of the room. We want to move the toilet right into the corner (where I have drawn a Red line on the attached picture. The brown pipe is the current Soil pipe. Look how it is in the middle of the rooms now. So, I need to know what my options are...You can also see that the Soil pipe goes right out through the main house roof. If I am allowed to move that Soil Pipe do I still have to put that soil pipe sticking out through the main house roof or are there new modern methods?
Falconbog.jpg

Yes can be done I would start at drain connector with a 90 junction with rodding access on top .
The 90 bend at bottom of stack needs as big a radius as you can get and be well supported.
Unless your drains are vented elsewhere on your property you will need to vent through roof.

The open vent through the roof is the best possible way of venting a stack. You might be able to terminate in (for example) the loft and fit an air inlet valve, but every week there is someone on this forum with issues due to a failed air inlet valve, so I know which I'd prefer - though I do have a feeling an air inlet valve is thermally better in terms of not having a cold bridge to the outside. Also I say 'you might' due to the fact that it depends where your house is in relation to other houses on the same sewer and who else has open vents, so it may not be an option for your house. If you do fit an air inlet valve, make sure its location is obvious and easy to access should it eventually need replacement.

Technically, bends on the wet part of the stack are discouraged but exedon2 has already given good advice on how to do this if you want to. Bear in mind, if it does block, you'll be unblocking a pipe filled with foul water from inside your new living room.

You do realise you could simply leave the stack where it is and use a branch pipe to connect the relocated WC to the stack?

Reply to Is it possible/within regs to move a Toilet soil pipe? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock